Troubleshooting: Automated Caption Issues
Automated Captioning is a great way to generate Closed Captioning for Tegrity recordings without the need of a 3rd Party vendor. However, there may be some cases where the text may not be generated, or the text may not fully match the audio. These issues may be due to one or more of the following:
- There may be long periods of silence at the beginning of or within the the video.
- The captions aren’t available yet due to processing the complex audio layers in the video.
- The Instructor audio has poor sound quality or contains speech that the Caption Service does not recognize.
- The length of the recording may be too long and may need more time to complete the caption process.
- There may be multiple speakers or loud sounds/noise which overlaps.
If you experience any of these issues with automated captioning you, you can find out How to: Edit an automatically generated closed captioning file (voice-to-text)