Tegrity Proctored Test – Best Practices
Start by checking your computer to make sure it is compatible with Tegrity. First, open the diagnostic page and then review the system requirements to make sure you can record using your computer. If your computer does not meet the system requirements, please make the necessary upgrades or use another device to record with Tegrity.
Before clicking the Start a Test button, be sure to close out all applications that are not needed during your test (especially Skype, Siri, FaceTime, and any application which uses the microphone and/or webcam). Then, open any application* that you will use during your test. You can now start your recording.
* If you’re using Respondus LockDown Browser, it must be opened after starting a recording.
Your Tegrity proctored test recording will automatically upload after stopping the recording. At this time, please make sure you are connected to the internet (wired connection is recommended), laptop or tablet is connected to a power supply, and computer is awake. When the recording uploads successfully, it will disappear from the upload queue.
Common issues and steps to resolve:
- Troubleshooting: A required privilege is not held by the client error
- Troubleshooting: MSVCR120.dll is missing error
- Troubleshooting: Tegrity Installer Error
- Troubleshooting: Mac – ‘An error occured, and the recording must be stopped.’
- Troubleshooting: ‘Cannot Start Recording’ message / WebCam shows a black screen
- Troubleshooting: What to do if video or web camera is not working with Tegrity?
Search for additional troubleshooting articles.
If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact your Tegrity help desk.