Info: Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) browser security settings
To view or download a Tegrity recording, you may need to have make some changes to Internet Explorer (IE) security settings. Please check your IE settings using the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer, select Internet Options from the Tools menu
- Select the Security tab
- Click Trusted Sites (green check mark) icon/zone
- Click Sites button
- Uncheck the checkbox associated with “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.”
- Add the URL of your institution’s Tegrity environment
- Click the Add button on the Trusted sites window
- Click the Close button on the Trusted sites window
- Click the “Custom level…” button on the Internet Option Window
- Reset the level to “Medium” or search for the following settings and select the indicated toggle button.
- Binary and script behaviors – Enable
- Download signed ActiveX controls – Prompt
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls – Prompt
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins – Enable or Prompt
- Automatic prompting for file downloads – Enable
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting – Enable
- File download – Enable
- Allow website to open windows without address or status bars – Enable
- Select the OK button on the Security Settings window.
- Select the OK button on the Internet Options window.
- Close all browser windows.
- Open a new browser window and try to view or download a Tegrity Recording.
If you set any of the security settings to Prompt, please accept/enable the ActiveX controls when viewing or downloading.