How to: Create a vodcast for a previously created recording
Vodcasts can be created for some existing recordings by a Tegrity administrator. Vodcasts can be created for existing recordings with the following characteristics:
- Recorded with a course that does not have Enable Video Podcast selected in Course Settings.
- Recorded with a course that does not have Enable video streaming to iOS and Android apps selected in Course Settings.
To create vodcasts for existing courses, please use the following steps:
- Access the Tegrity Admin Dashboard.
- Click the ‘Reprocess Tegrity Classes’ link. The Reprocess Tegrity Recordings page will be displayed.
- Click the ‘Select recordings for a Course’ button. The ‘Select Course’ Course/Instructor selection pop-up is displayed.
- In the Instructor field, enter the Instructor’s name or ID. Select the desired instructor from the pop-up list.
- Click the ‘Search’ button.
- From the list of courses displayed, select (click on the name of) the desired course and click the OK button. The list of classes/recordings in that course are displayed.
- Click the checkbox next to each recording title that needs a vodcast to be created.
- At the bottom of the recording list, click the ‘Re-process’ button. The selected recordings will be queued for vodcast creation. The vodcast creation process runs once per hour. So, please wait at least 2 hours before checking that the desired vodcast has been created.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 above for each instructor/course combination.