The Tegrity Technical Support office will be closed on Monday, May 30, in observance of Memorial Day. If you have a support issue, please call and leave a voicemail or send an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Updated: May 10, 2016 – Updates in Bold
Blackboard Building Block 9.2.75 is available for download on the AAIRS Downloads page. This version is compatible with Blackboard Learn 9.1
SP10 through October 2014 releases and newer.
– Bug with initial installation
– Bug with communication protocols
– Bug with Gradebook synchronization
Maintenance work is scheduled to be carried out on March 6 between 2am-6am ET
– Fix: Download Manager faults when downloading recordings
– Fix: Missing options in Course Tasks and Recording Tasks drop-down list for Help Desk Admins
– Fix: Instructors are unable to login to Tegrity when the institution’s LMS is offline
– Fix: Last Viewing column in View Course List shows 1/1/2001 for courses that have had no viewings
– Fix: Recording does not appear in new course on mobile app after being moved from another course
– Fix: Some Webcasts are unavailable or are unplayable
– Fix: Single Sign-On Interlinks are not working in Populi
– Fix: Unable to add closed captioning to some recordings
– Fix: Admin is unable to select instructors in the Scheduler
– Fix: Admin is unable to impersonate certain User IDs
– Update: Display Customer ID on the Admin Dashboard
Maintenance work is scheduled to be carried out on January 3 between 2am-6am ET
Updates to the Tegrity Download Manager:
– Places downloaded recordings in the ‘My Documents/My Tegrity Recordings’ folder
– Previously downloaded recordings will be migrated to the new folder location
– Folder names of the downloaded recordings will be more recognizable
– Allows for the selection of multiple recordings for downloading
Maintenance work is scheduled to be carried out on December 30 between 2am-6am ET
12/30/2015 Update: The Download Manager updates were rescheduled due to a bug that was discovered during final testing.
– Fix: Mobile app playback issues
Fix: Ability to download multiple recordings
– Fix: The ability to view the live webcast for a lecture is not available
– Fix: Recording date changes after editing Recording Properties
– Fix: Recording hours quota shows more hours than actual
– Fix: Rename ‘Private Course’ to ‘Sandbox’ to better align with organizational guidelines
We understand that many institutions have managed classroom and end-user systems which utilizes centralized software deployment and updates for the applications installed on these systems. Please contact Client Services or Technical Support to obtain the latest PC Recorder build so that you can coordinate – with the appropriate teams at your institution – the packaging and distribution of the latest build to these managed systems, and to schedule a date for your Tegrity Service to be updated to the latest build for automatic deployment to unmanaged systems.
The most current production build of the PC Recorder is 126.96.36.1991. Please coordinate the update of the managed systems at your institution and schedule your Tegrity Service to be updated at your earliest convenience. There may be some reduced functionality with Monitoring Recorders and Monitor Recordings with prior PC Recorder builds.
Additional information about the current PC Recorder build 188.8.131.521 is available in Tegrity Maintenance Bulletin TEG15-014.html
The Tegrity Team
Operating systems and browser are updated on a regular basis. We will periodically update the requirements for viewing and creating Tegrity recordings to reflect these updates. Below are the links showing the current requirements for viewing and creating Tegrity recordings:
What are the requirements for viewing a Tegrity recording?
What are the requirements for creating a recording?
We have made a significant update to the Tegrity Help Portal. In addition to a refreshed appearance, we have switched to using knowledgebase articles to provide better search functionality and other enhancements.
Please note that if you have direct links to Tegrity support articles, you will need to update them as follows:
1. Change the start of the URL from https to http
2. Remove .html from the end of the URL
3. Add ‘/kb’ between help.tegrity.com and the KB Article title
Old link: https://help.tegrity.com/what-are-the-requirements-for-a-viewing-a-tegrity-recording.html
New link: http://help.tegrity.com/kb/what-are-the-requirements-for-a-viewing-a-tegrity-recording